5/31/2015

Balance and Justice




And so...while I am deeply concerned that we have a Conservative government, I can't allow that to bring me down and upset my equilibrium. At the risk of sounding clichéd, one has to look for the riches within and trust in the path, keeping balanced and focusing on the good stuff.  There is a lot  more to life than politics but fairness and justice are important principles and so, regardless of political persuasion, I pray that the elected government can find compassion in its heart for the ill, the disabled, the unemployed and those on low incomes. I was heartened to read this the other week:

Council cuts: local Tories lead criticism as ‘savings’ hit vital services

A few weeks ago, I was part of a rally through the town, which began at the park and ended in the town square. After the rally, I spoke with Julie Hilling, our ex-Labour M.P. who, just a week previously, had lost her seat. This is a great shame as Julie has been a good M.P.,  who cared about her constituents.


(This blog has had to be slightly rewritten for legal reasons. Blimey!)

No comments:

Post a Comment